Coaching is about getting the very best out of someone and enabling them to make decisions that will improve their professional life.
TPC coaches are engaged for very many different and diverse reasons, for example: to assist someone climb the career ladder faster; to continue the learning process of a training program; to learn new skills that benefit both the person being coached and their organization; to work on a specific workplace project; or to on-board a new employee.
In a coaching capacity our job is not to go over old ground, be past-orientated or to force-feed information, but to work with clients to help them find the answers themselves.
Also, when a person experiences being coached, their motivation comes from working with a coach who is him/herself an upbeat, positive role model. In this way coaching is a unique way of developing people.
Our Coaching Process
Setting up the Coaching Bank
- Depending on the location and specific needs of the TPC Coach and the client, coaching can be conducted remotely via regular phone calls or face-to-face in coaching meetings.
- We create a ‘Coaching Bank’ where a number of coaching hours is credited. Each coaching session is deducted from the bank and topped up at various intervals.
Before the Coaching Session
- Coaching sessions are scheduled between the TPC coach and the person being coached.
- The TPC Coach makes contact with the person being coached to confirm the upcoming session.
- During this communication the client and the coach confirm the agenda and any relevant materials or tasks that are required to be completed prior to the session.
During the Coaching Session
- Coaching sessions are either face-to-face or via telephone and are generally 1 to 2 hours in duration.
- Where remote coaching sessions are scheduled the TPC coach will phone the client at no additional expense to the client.
- During the session the client has the undivided attention of the TPC coach. Sessions may cover workplace projects, project management, issues or concerns that the client is experiencing, or having the TPC coach work in a training capacity to further enhance skills learned at TPC training programs. TPC coaches are often called on to be Mentors for clients seeking professional guidance or career planning.
After the Coaching Session
- After each coaching session the TPC Coach sends a written report to the client.
- Some organizations prefer coaching sessions to be strictly confidential, which is advantageous in certain situations. Other organizations prefer coaching reports to be sent to manager/s so that transparency of development is in place. In this case, to ensure open communication, we also give a copy of the Coaching Report to the person being coached. The decision for either confidential or open reporting is the clients’ choice and we are happy to communicate with key stakeholders either directly or indirectly.
Managing Coaching Banks
- Coaching Bank reconciliations are provided as often as the client requests.
“You have done what I’ve been unable to do in months – You’ve shown me my value to the company and the fire inside me is ignited again! Thank you! I appreciate that more than you’ll ever know!”
Do you have questions?
Level 20 Darling Park Tower 2,
201 Sussex St,
Sydney NSW 2000
Mailing address: PO Box 639, Rozelle NSW 2039 (Australia)
P: +61 02 9555 19533
F: +61 02 9475 1127
Trillium Towers Center
6320 Canoga Avenue, 15th Floor
Woodland Hills CA 91367 USA
P: +1 818 227 5052
F: +1 818 688 3809